Twin Cities Participation Information
Interested in helping us improve methods for teaching young children? Join our research project! Our study looks at how young children learn sounds and learn words. Both you and your child can be involved!
Who can participate?
- Children who are 28-38 months old.
- Children who are native English speakers.
- Normal hearing children who are typically developing and children with cochlear implants.
How the Study Works
Sessions take place at the University of Minnesota's Speech Research Laboratory, 5 Shevlin Hall, 164 Pillsbury Drive on the East Bank of the Minneapolis Campus.
- Your child will participate in language activities and word games.
- Your child will participate in up to eight sessions over two years.
- Each session will last one to two hours.
If you are selected to participate, your child will receive a small toy and a book and you will receive $20 for each session your child completes and a $60 bonus for completing all session. You also have the option of receiving project newsletters that report findings from our project and other resources on child language development.
For More Information
Interested in learning more? Email us using the form below, or call 612-624-6893 to talk to a study coordinator.